- £1171 per week
- £167 per night
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 Pet
Sun Cottage is perfect for a peaceful coastal escape with family or a group of friends. This light, generous and modern cottage is just a short walk from the wonderful Aldeburgh seafront. Take advantage of the private garden and balcony for the ultimate relaxing getaway.
About the Property: Sun Cottage is a spacious beach retreat from which you can explore the delights of Aldeburgh. The property has a bright, contemporary feel throughout and has all the home comforts you could possibly want including TV, DVD player and WiFi. The sitting room is the perfect place to retire after an exciting day out or simply to cosy up with a good book in front of the fire. The kitchen has all the space and equipment to whip up a feast for everyone. The property has a family bathroom and 4 spacious bedrooms, 1 downstairs, and 3 upstairs. Each bedroom is as welcoming and tastefully decorated as the next. The upstairs double bedroom even has a balcony to enjoy. The private paved back garden equipped with BBQ and plenty of seating is a fantastic place to dine al fresco and lounge in the summer sunshine. The property also has a private balcony at the back of the cottage - ideal for taking in the fresh sea air and makes for an excellent sunbathing area.
Sleeps: Sleeps 8 in 1 king, 2 doubles, 1 twin
This property is ideal for: A family or group of friends to enjoy this wonderful, authentic seaside town. The High Street and beach are just a short walk away. Aldeburgh high street is lined with popular designer stores, galleries, tearooms and restaurants and there is even an 'olde style' picture house. Plus with Snape, Woodbridge and Orford all within driving distance there's plenty to explore.
Eating & drinking: Aldeburgh is well known for its excellent restaurants - The Lighthouse and Regatta, and The Brudenell all have excellent menus. A trip to Suffolk wouldn't be complete without trying the world-class Aldeburgh fish and chips.
Self catering: Several shops sell top quality locally produce - Slate is a must as is Aldeburgh Market. Fresh fish, lobsters and crabs can be bought from the sheds on the beach. There are two Co-op stores, one at your convenience on the High Street and a Tesco and Saxmundham has both a Tesco and Waitrose store who will deliver to Aldeburgh. With an Independent wine shop, butcher and baker, Aldeburgh caters for most needs! Snape Maltings is only a few miles away with The Food Hall and Farmers Market.
- The front door opens immediately into the spacious open plan kitchen/dining area. Next to the door there's a selection of coat hooks. The dining area includes a long wooden table with 2 wooden benchs and two chairs at both ends to seat eight. Along the back wall there's a large decorative shelf unit displaying some lovely china and cookery books. In the corner there's a mounted TV.
- The kitchen has a central, marble top breakfast bar table with four chairs and an integrated freezer. The kitchen itself has plenty of storage space and is well equipped with crockery, utensils, dishwasher, fridge, kettle, toaster, cafetiere x2, electric hob and oven.
- Leaving the kitchen you enter the hall and immediately to the left there's Bedroom 1's en suite bathroom. The en suite is complete with wash basin, w.c., power shower, mirror, and heated towel rail. The washing machine is also stored in the corner.
- Walk through the en suite to Bedroom 1 - double bedroom which is equipped with double bed, two bedside tables and lamps, vintage style chest of drawers with mirror, corner hanging rail, and arm chair. The bedroom is wonderfully light with double doors opening out to the back garden and a single door opening to the front patio.
- Continue down the hallway there's the cosy and bright living room which features two sofas, one corner chair, providing total seating for 8, two side lights, plenty of coffee tables, TV, DVD player, WiFi, music sound system with bluetooth for iPods and iPhones, variety of artwork, wood burner and two sets of double doors opening into the back garden. Please note there is a small step up into the sitting room.
- The stairs to the first floor are curved and in two section. The first section has a hand rail. There's a wall of books and DVDs.
- Bedroom 2 - Twin bedroom with two single beds, one bedside table, one bedside lamp, bookshelf space, built in wardrobe, and a box full of children's books. There are three windows in the room so it's bright and airy.
- Bedroom 3 - Double bedroom with double bed, two bedside tables, two bedside lamps, wall mounted TV, built in wardrobe with plenty of hanging space and double doors opening onto the front balcony.
- Master bedroom with ensuite - Spacious bedroom with king bed, two bedside tables, two bedside lamps, built in wardrobe, lovely artwork, hairdryer, and has hooks on the back of the door. The ensuite bathroom has a bath with power shower attachment, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Family bathroom - Bath with power shower attachment, wash basin and w.c., mounted shelf, large wall mirror and heated towel rail.
- Balcony - Spacious area to take in that fresh Aldeburgh air.
- Washing machine in Bedroom 1 ensuite bathroom.
- Iron and ironing board
- Central heating, lighting, linen and towels included
- Heating by electric radiators
- Guests are asked to consider other holidaymakers and not smoke in the house
- A wifi service is provided.
- Off street parking is available for one car. Additional parking: Parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon-Wed 8.45 am - 5 pm, Thurs 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, Fri 8.45 am - 4.30 pm.
- Wooden table and chairs to seat six
- Round table with chairs to seat four
- Pretty white corner seat
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 double beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- 3 bathrooms
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 0.1 miles
- Shop 0.1 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Fantastic stay and everything that we needed was in the cottage. Location could not have been any better, so close to the shops, restaurants and beach. Would definitely go back to the same cottage again.